Aircooler food industry
- We have to supply aircoolers to the food sector, in which tubes are expanded in aluminium slats.
- The tube in the aircooler is a critical part in the production process at the customer.
- The regular standard delivery time for these type of tubes is about 12 weeks, but orders are placed on demand.
- The tubes need to be used easily and need the have the following measurements: 22.00 x 0.70 and 16.00 x 0,60.
How can we get deliveries reliable, without interruptions and of constant quality?
- The tube manufacturer, Schoeller Werk, has installed a hypermodern tube welding machine for this particular application that, also because of an optimized annealing process, delivers a very constant tube quality.
- Furtheron, we purchase raw strip material in advance and book capacity at the tube welding machine throughout the year.
- In case of a final project order, we can deliver the needed tubes in fixed lengths.
- The delivery time for the tubes is reduced to only 4 weeks maximum.
Together with the constructor, we optimized the tube specifications so the tubes could be handled faster and easier.
Especially in relation to the hardness and leaktightness of the tube and the internal and external diameter, we tightened the tolerances substantially in this case. These tightened standards resulted in considerable savings in time and money in processing the tubes.
- Just in time deliveries, but especially in time!
- Zero defects; no stagnation in production
- Almost no prefinance
- A perfect quality tube, so a longer lifespan of the aircooler