Bended tubes for heat exchanger
The client’s question (ROBOX Heat Technology B.V.)
- Being an OEM manufacturer we have a fluctuating need for tubes for an important customer during the year.
- Those tubes need to be of excellent quality, but they especially need to be of constant bending quality.
- In case of demand the tubes should be delivered very quickly.
- The straight (non-bended) tubes have varying lengths with tight tolerances.
- We purchase one single coil of raw strip material, so only one batch of material is used for the complete project. This way we’re sure to we have the same, constant quality of base material.
- We also book the necessary capacity on the tube welding machine for the complete duration of the project. This way, we are able to deliver the needed tubes at a very short term and in time.
- Production and delivery only takes 4 weeks, so the heat exchanger constructor doesn’t have to keep stock. Consquently, he is able to respond immediately when his customer places an order. (The regular, standard delivery time for these type of tubes is 12 -14 weeks.)
Together with the ROBOX engineers, the tube specifications were optimized, so the tubes could be used faster and easier.
Important requirements concerned the softness of the tube, the tight tolerances on external diameter and length, the maximum internal welding seam and the overall finishing of the tube. Together this prevents failures during bending and minimalizes operating actions before and after the bending.
- A qualitatively perfect tube with a constant bending quality
- Almost no prefinancing
- A fast, but particularly punctual delivery
- A minimum in material handling